Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh my!

Shanghai loves and promotes shopping (at least it helps stimulate the economy).  After my site visit to Hangzhou today, Huifang took me around Shaanxi Lu for some boutique shopping.  First of all, you can find any knock off you want (Marc Jacobs, 3.1, BCBG, etc) and then you can bargain your price down in the store.  If you know Shanghainese, you'll save a lot more money.  

We later went to Yang's for some fried soup dumplings and I met these two older Chinese American guys from Queens.  I met the father of a video documentarist for the New York Times, Jimmy Wang, who is living in Beijing.  I did some googling and Jimmy has a well established career at age 29.  I later found out that his father lives in my complex!  He said our complex on Xizangnan Lu is like a mini UN with over 50 nationalities represented.  

I'm excited for the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. i went to joe's shanghai last night to get the famous soup dumplings. my mouth liked it, but i don't think my stomach did.

    ReplyDelete